Yokota AFB Women's Weight Loss Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members Introductions

+3
campayven3
militarymommy
Amanda
7 posters

Go down

Members Introductions Empty Members Introductions

Post  Amanda Wed May 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Here is a place that you can post a little something about yourself and your goals. Why are you here? What do you expect to find with us?
Amanda
Amanda
Admin

https://yokotawwlg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Members Introductions Empty Re: Members Introductions

Post  Amanda Wed May 27, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm 31 years old. I have 2 boys ages 4 and 5. I currently weigh 168lbs but that is after some weight loss. My high weight at Yokota was about 195lbs.
So far I have lost weight based solely on changing my diet but I've hit a platue and I think it is time for me to get active. I've been married for nine years. I'm prior USAF for 8years. I have been out for about four years. I would like for us all to help each other out. We don't all have to workout together at the same time to make this work. My immediate weight loss goal is 10lbs. My long term goal is to lose 30lbs. Hopefully this will be a good way for all of us to make some friends and find people we can work out with.

Amanda
Amanda
Amanda
Admin

https://yokotawwlg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Members Introductions Empty My Introduction

Post  militarymommy Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 pm

I am 26. I have two girls 27 months and 11 months. I currently weigh 148 and have been stuck there since I had my daughter. I am only 5'2 so that's about 20lbs more than I would like to be. I would like to lose the 20lbs but my initial goal is 10 and to tone up a lot more. Having two kids back to back did a number on me and with them being so young it limits my ability to get to the gym. I've been in the AF for a little over 5 years and have been here at Yokota for about a year and a half.

I guess my biggest thing is having someone else to go work out with and to make me go even when I don't feel like it. The best time without interruptions for working out I guess would be the early morning. Maybe a few yoga classes, Aerobics, Spin, or just taking an early morning walk/jog/ or run. I am available some nights too, but with my husband working nights and two little ones, the schedule gets a little crazy, but I'm always up for taking the kids for a walk since the parents room at the gym is SO LOVELY Wink

I have a couple of healthy cook books if anyone would like to take a look at them. One is weightwatchers, I have one that would be for calorie counters (200 meals under 200 Calories) and I have a couple others.

My number is 214-261-6465. Smile
Kristen

militarymommy

Back to top Go down

Members Introductions Empty It's Me!

Post  campayven3 Thu May 28, 2009 2:07 am

My name is Valarie. I just turned 25. I am tipping my scales at 240 these days and I am 5'9".I have been married for 5 years- but I have been with my husband since we were in 6th grade. We had our first son 2 months after we graduated highschool. We now have 3 kids- they are 6,4,3.
I am really serious about losing weight. I have been battling thryoid cancer- which is now taken care of. I did a few rounds of radiation. Now that my thryroid is better I really dont have an excuse not to lose weight. I have tried every diet there is- My dr- dr. Coker suggested me to try taking Alli. Which I am doing. I Have not lost any weight off of it. I am not looking to going to the gym right away. I am just wanting to start walking the North end of teh flight line every other day. Then once I get off about 20lbs I will start hitting up the gym. I have been doing the step class every week. But haven't really made any improvements yet- do to teh fact that I can not stay out of teh bathroom- for what ever reason when I work out in the gym I vomit every time. Dont know what it is. The step instructor said that there are some people who just have to vomit while they work out- it is the bodies way of reaction to excersize. I think that is it- it is 5 am - I need to start getting my kiddos up for school. Here is my personal email address-- that is faster to get me on --usaf_firefighters_wife@ymail.com or my myspace page- www.myspace.com/cvcpv.

campayven3

Back to top Go down

Post  alicia Thu May 28, 2009 4:45 am

Hello everyone

I am 39 years old. I've been married for 15 years. I have three kids 21, 20 and 9. Yes a big gap between ages. My two older kids just went back to the states. So I have lots of time to work out. I can work out in the early morning. I need to be home by 630 am to get ready for work. I also have time after 3 pm anyday except Thursday. My goal is to lose 25 pounds. I weigh 150 and I'm 4'11. We have been at Yokota for 11 months. Please feel free to chat about our goals and to set up some workout times!

My number is 702-946-5999
Alicia

alicia

Back to top Go down

Members Introductions Empty Chantel's Intro

Post  mrsjones Thu May 28, 2009 8:22 am

Hello everyone!!!!! My name is Chantel Jones and I am 24 years old. My husband (Thomas) and I have been at Yokota for about 13 months now. I am the Administrative Assistant at the Enlisted Club. Currently, at 5'4" I weigh 245lbs!!!!!! Yes, that is too much for my height. I struggled with my weight through college by eating out so much and NOT being active. My long term goal is to weigh 165lbs or size 9/10. But for right now I want to lose atlease 5 to 8 lbs a month. Yes, I totally dislike the gym, BUT I will go. I would like to start with changing my eating habits and ease my way into some cardio. **My husband is very supportive of me and is currently helping me through this journey**

I have Zumba, Billy Blanks Boot Camp, Betty Crocker Healthly cook books, etc. I am willing to share!!!!! Right now, I am currently on leave until 3 June in the states, but my goal is to start 1 June. My email is chantelmjones@yahoo.com or chantel.jones@yokota.af.mil and my home number is (404) 478-4185.

I would like to thank Amanda for posting her ad on Yokotaads!!!!!! Let's keep this going!!!!!!
mrsjones
mrsjones

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Thu May 28, 2009 12:34 pm

My name is Rachel. I'm 24 years old and my husband is active duty. I just had our first child on April 28th and am anxious to lose the extra 30 pounds that I gained throughout my pregnancy. I am a stay at home mom and college student and am available to work out after 5 p.m. on the weekdays. I'm pretty flexible with the time on the weekends.

I would love to find someone who would like to go for an afternoon or evening jog with me 4 days a week to start out with. I also have yoga, pilates, and aerobics dvds that I do during the day, while at home with my daughter. I live on the east side so if anyone would like to make arrangements to go for walks during the day, I can do that as well....as long as a crying baby doesn't bother you! Smile

I am 5'8" and currently weigh 164 lbs. My goal is to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, which was 135 lbs.
Rachel
Rachel

Back to top Go down

Members Introductions Empty Colleen's Introduction

Post  Colleen Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:14 pm

My name is Colleen Riley and I'm 22 years old. My husband Rick (works Bioenvironmental Engineering) and I have been married for 2 1/2 years. We PCSed here in November '08. I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl Alexis on 21 April. We live in west side garden housing.

I am 5 ft tall and currenrly weigh in at 149 lbs, I would like to get down to my prepregnancy weight of 120 lbs. I am a stay-at-home mommy, so can can do things during the day with my daughter, but would have to wait for my husband to come home after duty hours to do gym classes.

I'm not much of a runner, but will do the elliptical at the gym. I love to go for walks. I used to do yoga and kickboxing, I really enjoy that.

Well, like I said I would like to lose my pregnancy weight. It's so much easier when you have someone wanting the same thing. And I just want to meet some nice people.

(305)520-0397
Colleen
Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum