Yokota AFB Women's Weight Loss Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam room or sauna room

2 posters

Go down

Steam room or sauna room Empty Steam room or sauna room

Post  Naoko Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 am

Have you been to the base gym's sauna room?
I was going to introduce off-base heat rooms, but I found out that the base gym had a sauna room and it was free.
Humidity in a sauna is about 9o%, while in heat rooms it is about 6o%. You can stay longer comfortably in a heat room, yet you sweat a lot.
If you increase your body temperature by 1 degree Celsius, your body metabolism will be increased by 12 % according to a source.
I don't know about a sauna room in the base gym, but I might try it.

Naoko

Back to top Go down

Steam room or sauna room Empty Re: Steam room or sauna room

Post  campayven3 Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:11 am

Is the sauna room in teh gym co-ed or do they have separate for men and women? Also- what do you where when you go in there?

campayven3

Back to top Go down

Post  Naoko Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:06 pm

According to my son, men's and women's rooms are separated. I might try it today after yoga class. I just walked by the other day, and I saw there were two rooms. I think the temperature or humidity is different.
You just sit there and wait for a sweat. At the off-base heat room, you can lay on the floor and sleep, but I don't think this room is for sleeping. Ten minutes or so, depending on your body circulation, you should get out and cool down and go back again if you want.
There was a warning sign for people with heart problem or blood pressure problem. Since this will increase your blood flow, if you are seeing a medical doctor for internal problem, please consult your doctor.

Naoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum