Yokota AFB Women's Weight Loss Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone interested in 10k training???

2 posters

Go down

Anyone interested in 10k training??? Empty Anyone interested in 10k training???

Post  Rachel Sat May 30, 2009 4:14 am

I plan on starting to train for a 10k. I haven't jogged or ran for quite awhile so I'm going to do a 10 week schedule starting on Monday the 1st. If anyone is interested in joining me that would be great. Below is a copy of my weekly schedule in building up to the 10k. I think that it is a great plan for beginners. If anyone wants to get together in the evenings to run with me just shoot me an email.

Week 1:
Monday - Run/Walk 15 minutes, Tuesday - Run/Walk 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run/Walk 15 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run/Walk 30 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 2:
Monday - Run/Walk 20 minutes, Tuesday - Run/Walk 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run/Walk 20 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run/Walk 35 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 3:
Monday - Run/Walk 25 minutes, Tuesday - Run/Walk 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run/Walk 25 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 30 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 4:
Monday - Run 25 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 30 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 3 miles, Sunday - Off
Week 5:
Monday - Run 30 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 45 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 6:
Monday - Run 40 minutes, Tuesday - Run 3 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 40 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 4 miles, Sunday - Off
Week 7:
Monday - Run 30 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 60 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 8:
Monday - Run 3 miles, Tuesday - Run 50 minutes, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 35 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 70 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 9:
Monday - Run 20 minutes, Tuesday - Run 3 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Run 20 minutes, Friday - Off, Saturday - Run 75 minutes, Sunday - Off
Week 10:
Monday - Run 20 minutes, Tuesday - Run 2 miles, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - Light 20 minute jog, Friday - Off, Saturday - Race Day, Sunday - Off
Rachel
Rachel

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in 10k training??? Empty What time

Post  Amanda Sat May 30, 2009 8:59 am

What time are you planning on doing this and where?
Are you on East Sider?

Amanda
Amanda
Amanda
Admin

https://yokotawwlg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in 10k training??? Empty Re: Anyone interested in 10k training???

Post  Rachel Sat May 30, 2009 6:36 pm

I do live on the east side.....pretty close to the east gate. My husband works until about 4:30 p.m. so I'm going to run during the evening time. On the days that it's just a timed run I'll probably just run around the neighborhood and on the mile runs I'll either run around the flight line or over around Par 3. If you would like to join me and have a certain time in the evening that works best for you just let me know.

Do you live in the east side garden housing or towers?
Rachel
Rachel

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in 10k training??? Empty Re: Anyone interested in 10k training???

Post  Amanda Sun May 31, 2009 2:03 pm

I live in the tower across the street from the Clinic. 4302. I'd be interested in joining you but I'm also wanting to take some of the evening classes at the gym. Going to step with Mary on monday.
Amanda
Amanda
Admin

https://yokotawwlg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:14 pm

due to some hip issues I'm not doing this workout schedule. I'm finding that going to the gym is just as effective. I haven't gotten any replies to anyone interested in doing a 10k so I think that this could be deleted from the site.
Rachel
Rachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum